By Nardo Kuitert, U-C WEBS
[Published in The Wellington Advertiser, November 2014 for the Centre Wellington Chamber of Commerce]
One of the quickest ways to improve your bottom line is to sell more products and services to your existing customers. Increasing the average sales per customer will prove much easier than constantly having to go out and bring in new customers.
So what can you do to get more repeat business?
- Keep Them Happy – It can be as simple as making sure you or your staff answers the phone politely, or better yet: tries to pick up as many calls as possible rather than letting them go to voice mail. Timely replies to emails are also appreciated a lot, even if you do not have a definitive answer yet. Let them know that you are working on it. And if something has to be done, especially if it is fixing a mistake or warranty based, make sure it is done quickly and well. Actions and apologies can win many disgruntled customer back!
- Offer Benefits – Getting your customers on a benefits-based email or text message list can increase sales quickly. Offer a timely coupon during slow times. Give your existing customers a customer-only deal or organize customer appreciation events. Show that that you care about their business, and they will reward you with more purchases and raving reviews.
- Stand Out – Whether it is the way your staff deals with people walking through the door, the colours, images and text of your ads or your website – try to develop a personality for your company. Make sure people have a positive impression of your organization, so you stand out from the competition.
- Follow Up – Don’t just complete the sale. Make sure people are happy with their purchase after the sale. Place a courtesy call, or send a friendly email. Maybe send over some cupcakes, or have some flowers delivered. These types of actions can show your customer that you care.
- Utilize Social Media – Connecting with your customers and prospects (or complete strangers) through Facebook, Twitter and other social media can have a profound effect. You can put your company’s fans in the spotlight, answer questions and share interesting things about your industry. Educate your audience. Make your company more personal, and it will be easier for your customers to share their positive experiences and recommend your business.
Work hard to improve your customer satisfaction and you will be handsomely rewarded!
For more information: contact your web developer, or website optimizer Nardo Kuitert at www.ferguswebsites.com or 519-787-7612. Nardo has written the On The Web column on behalf of the Centre Wellington Chamber of Commerce since 2006.
Do you like this article?
Do you want to publish this article in your newsletter? Send us an email with the details; we will likely grant you reprinting rights, provided you include the credit with a hyperlink back to this site.
Do you have any have questions?
Email us (info AT u-cwebs.com), or give us a call at +1 (519) 787-7612.