By Nardo Kuitert, U-C WEBS
[Published in The Wellington Advertiser, September 2013 for the Centre Wellington Chamber of Commerce]
If your website doesn’t load fast you will lose visitors. People are getting more impatient every day; instant gratification is what everybody wants these days.
So what can you do to keep your visitors happy, and to make them come back for more – to buy your products or services?
One important question you have to ask yourself is: Am I Mobile? You probably are, with your cell phone and your table – but is your website as well? You may think that it looks OK on your phone, but is it truly usable? There are some very revealing, and for some people perhaps frightening, statistics out there on mobile websites:
- Many mobile shoppers are very disappointed by websites not showing properly on their mobile screens
- People often abandon websites that don’t load in 3 seconds… and will visit your competitor’s website instead
- Most people would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site
- Many people have indicated in surveys that they would purchase from retailers that have a mobile-ready website – but only a few actually have one
- More and more people will perform research on their smart phones or tablets while being in the store – and then buy online
So wouldn’t it be good if you keep them in your own online store? Consider for instance the use of QR codes to lure people to your own webshop, or to provide product-related information. Maybe develop your own app. There are many opportunities out there to woo your prospects and customers in the mobile world – getting a leg up on your competition. Merely offering a good desktop experience isn’t cutting it anymore…
For more information: contact your web developer, or website optimizer Nardo Kuitert at [email protected] or 519-787-7612. Nardo has written this column on behalf of the Centre Wellington Chamber of Commerce since 2006.
Do you like this article?
Do you want to publish this article in your newsletter? Send us an email with the details; we will likely grant you reprinting rights, provided you include the credit with a hyperlink back to this site.
Do you have any have questions?
Email us (info AT u-cwebs.com), or give us a call at +1 (519) 787-7612.